Read our report summarizing what we have learned so far from the Roadshow & Listening Tour, Lessons from the Road on How to Heal Our Fractured Country.
The findings are based on events involving thousands of citizens across the country in 27 states with over 70 audiences.
1. Americans are frustrated and exhausted with the political battle in Washington and as a result, are tuning it out.
2. The drivers of our divide are deep and wide ranging across multiple cultural, economic and political factor.
3. Americans feel a growing sense of being disconnected and are distrustful of institutions, experts and elite.
4. There is a vast community of Americans that feel politically homeless, yet they express hope after experiencing an alternative to our divided state of affairs.
5. While there is little agreement about potential solutions to our divide, given the opportunity, most Americans are willing to work together and are eager to keep the conversation going...and so we will.
These five lessons will drive our efforts moving forward to bridge our divisions and fix the dysfunction in our politics.